Blog

 

Join My List to View Art and News 1st  Sign Up

 

Payment Plans Now Available by Email

 

Visually and emotionally stimulating ART that you surround yourself with impacts and enriches your life everyday.

 

3/28/2024 3:33:19 PM

Use Small Paintings for Areas that Need Some Pizzazz

Comment on this

We all have them. Those little areas around our house or office that could use some color to tie the area together for a cohesive look. They look blah and then some.

 

For example, on a bookcase to give some relief to columns of books in a row. Or on a very narrow wall where you could hang 2 or 3 6 inch or 8 inch square canvas paintings in a vertical or horizontal wall.

 

I am just finishing up six-6 inch square abstract paintings using acrylic and collage that I create myself on canvas. Below is the 1st one that is ready to put on the market.

 

Over the next several weeks I will blog the others one at a time as they are finished. Then the last post I will show suggestions and tips on how you can display them.

 

The great aspect of these small paintings is that I created them so you could display them vertically or horizontally! And you can display them in any number of ways and any order.

 

We all need some happy in our lives right now and these small paintings will lift your spirit in a big way. Display it in an area that you frequent to get its power on your spirit and mood.

 

 

 

 

Loop-De-Doo and Around We Go Once

6” x 6” x 1.5”  Acrylic/Collage on Canvas

 

This abstract painting is now available for purchase. Click here if you are interested.

 

 

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)
 
1. Join my free email list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.
  • to be the 1st for updates,
  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 
  • special bonuses for you
  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.  

  •   Sign up now
Contact me to help you to select art based on your room.  

 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest



 

 

Read More

5/30/2022 12:49:48 PM

It’s Memorial Day and What It Means to This Artist

Comment on this




When I created this art piece a month or so ago, it came from the heart.


Painting: Darkness Falls in a Color Display ~ 12" x 12" x 1.5" ~ Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas


And Memorial Day is the perfect day that represents its wishes and meaning.


Darkness can mean many things to society.


There are 2 very important aspects of darkness that give meaning and pleasure to most.


The color display that accompanies the night sky as darkness falls is an absolute wonder to behold.


And at night many people send up love to the deep, dark universe for loved ones who have passed before them.


Some send their love up there for a better society in hopes that it will go where it is needed most.


My meaning for this painting was about the people I had lost but had sacrificed for me and my desire for a more stable society.


I had a husband who died too young because of the effects on his body and mind from serving in war. So this is a day that speaks to him.


War does terrible things to those who fight in it.


But I also feel that Memorial Day, because it is about those who sacrificed for us, I have to include my mother here as well.


She was my hero and role model because she remained positive and inspirational for me even though she had a very trying life because of war.


She went on and created a business when it was difficult for women to do that.


And she was always helping those less fortunate than herself.


But she also remained true to her 4 daughters even though she was divorced from a husband that also suffered from the effects of war. So I send up my thoughts and blessings to  her as well today.


My hopes today is that we don’t ever hurt families again just to justify war.


My heart goes out to the people of Ukraine because I know what the effects of this war will cost to their human spirit for years to come.

 

The war is not over when the shooting and destruction stops. For many families it lasts their whole lifetime.


Look up to the sky at dusk and send your blessings to your loved ones.


But please also send up your positive thoughts for a better and more mindful society.

 

When you look at this painting, what does it say to you? Does it give you hope? Does it stimulate to send your best thoughts up to the universe?

 

I hope so. We need your help to create a better society.

 

For me, creating art is the healing process. My collectors tell me that my art reminds them to give thought to an issue and helps them heal as well.

 

Contact me for availability on these paintings as originals or prints. Or if I can help you in any way.


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)

 

1. Join my free list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.

  • to be the 1st for updates,

  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 

  • special bonuses for you

  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.

Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

 

Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

Read More

4/19/2022 5:01:48 PM

Contemporary Abstract Paintings that Can Be Turned Around and Around and Around

Comment on this

You can turn your contemporary abstract paintings in a different direction and have a new look to your room immediately.

 

 

Just because the artist created the painting as a horizontal or a vertical doesn’t mean that you have to hang it that way in your personal space. You are the owner of the artwork so do what you want.

 

 

This won’t work for all abstract paintings but I have found that it works for many of mine. So experiment.



In this post example I will be using a digital fine art painting that I recently created in my design app titled Smoothing the Transition.

 

 

 

1.  This is how I originally created it. Horizontally with the color green at the bottom of the digital painting.

 

 

 

Because this is digitally created fine art, it can only be purchased as a print on fine art paper or canvas.
View on my website.




And here are the examples turned around a complete 360 degrees from above photo!

 

 

2. Left : Turned vertically CW     3. Right: Turned vertically CCW

 

        

 

 

4. Turning #3 horizontally again CCW

 

 

 

 

 

And here are the examples of them on a wall.

 

         

 

 

 

 

Which do you like best? I bet we all have our favorite but you can change it around and around for variety.

 



View the sizes and prices available at the printers shop for this painting, Smoothing the Transition.

 

 

Contact me for availability on these paintings as originals or prints. Or if I can help you in any way.


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)

 

1. Join my free list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.

  • to be the 1st for updates,

  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 

  • special bonuses for you

  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.

Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

 

Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

 

 

 

Read More

4/3/2022 12:36:07 PM

Contemporary Abstract Paintings that Encourage Diversity

Comment on this

We are in tumultuous times with many different outlooks on how we should feel and perform as a society.

 

 

Many of us feel a need for more simplified lives.

 

 

Days, months, years, where we can concentrate on our families, friends and making new connections through our work and play that stabilize our surroundings and the lives around us.

 

 

What can help each of us individually to do that and influence a better society?

 

 

Changing our views and becoming a more diverse thinking society.

 

 

By empowering and encouraging yourself to leave your comfort zones/spaces and connect with others that are different from yourself.

 

 

There are many ways to accomplish this. Take a course in your community, join a recreation sport team, teach a course, reach out to a help group to comfort others. 

 

 

My contemporary abstract paintings are also a big help in encouraging and empowering you to connect with others. Using bold, colorful shapes and symbols in my patterns, they are a constant reminder to get out of your safe zones and connect with others.

 

 

This leads to a more diverse and accepting environment.

 

 

Two new series paintings, Isolating in Our Environments on the left below and Breaking Though to Freedom on the right are the reminders that will do just that. 

     


You can purchase the series or just one painting of the series now with a credit card or a payment plan.

 

 

 

Let’s each do our part to create a more calming and less stressful environment one person at a time.



Contact me for availability on these paintings as originals or prints. Or if I can help you in any way.


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)

 

1. Join my free list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.

  • to be the 1st for updates,

  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 

  • special bonuses for you

  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.

Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

 

Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest


Read More

2/16/2022 4:41:42 PM

A New Menu Added Under My Portfolio Menu for Contemporary Digital Abstract Paintings

Comment on this

When YOU are on my website you will find a new subMENU under my PORTFOLIO menu: Digital Fine Art.



 

For the last several months I have been creating and perfecting my art skills for my digital fine art paintings. Both figurative and non representational digital abstract paintings.

 

 

 

 

 

Stretching the Imagination ~ 24" print on fine art paper - $113

 

 



Fitting In ~ 24" square print on fine art paper - $159

 

 

 

 
Shaping the Differences
~ 32" x 24" print on fine art paper - $160

 

 

 

 

Deep and Dark of Night ~ 25" x 20"print on fine art paper - $160 

 

 

 

I am so excited with the contemporary, abstract fine art paintings on canvas that I have been able to produce for your wall decor.

 

 

Digital fine art paintings, however, can only be ordered as prints on fine art paper or canvas.

 

 

SaatchiArt is where you order my prints in various sizes. They are a premium creator of prints true to color and on premium surfaces.

 

 

When you go to my Digital Fine Art Menu under Portfolio Menu tab at the top of the website page, you can click on the button to take you to whichever art you are interested in on the SaatchiArt site. And see the choices and view it on a wall.

 

 

Easy peasy…and you receive it in the mail within several weeks. YAY ?? 

 

 

Contact me for availability on any paintings as originals or prints. Or if I can help you in any way.


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)

 

1. Join my free list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.

  • to be the 1st for updates,

  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 

  • special bonuses for you

  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.

Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

 

Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

 

 

Read More

1/22/2022 1:41:29 PM

Contemporary Fine Art Digital Paintings Now Here for Your Home or Office Decor

Comment on this

For the last several months I have been creating and perfecting my art skills for my digital fine art paintings.

 

 

I am so excited with the contemporary, abstract fine art paintings I have been able to produce for your wall decor.

 

           

Left to Right:  Deep and Dark at Night  ~  Crossing the Lines  (click the name to be taken to that art in Art Prints)

 

 

Because they are digital fine art paintings you can only own them for your walls as a fine art print on Fine Art Paper or Canvas. I have them located under the “Art Prints” Menu on my website. 

 

    

 

Go to Art Prints

 

 

Clicking the art that you want will take you to the zoom page of that piece where you can click the button that takes you to Saatchi Art and that digital image, where you can select the type of print you want (on fine art paper or Canvas) and the $ amount for each size.

 

 

Go to Art Prints

 

 

Saatchi Art is one of the best companies for reproducing art as prints. Anyone who has ordered my art as prints from there have been very satisfied with their purchase. And you can get it framed there as well if you choose.  Abstract art purchased as prints makes it possible to collect art you love at reasonable prices.

 

 

 

          

 

In the photos above are examples of Deep and Dark at Night on the left in a bedroom brightening up the room. And Crossing the Lines above the chair in the right sided photo giving comfort when you are at rest.

 

 

You can still order prints of my original art as well. If you don’t see the original of the art that you want a print of, just contact me with the name and I will put it there and send you a link.

 

 

Contact me for availability on any paintings as originals or prints. Or if I can help you in any way.


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)

 

1. Join my free list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.

  • to be the 1st for updates,

  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 

  • special bonuses for you

  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.

Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

 

Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

Read More

6/24/2021 6:21:08 PM

4 BOLD Modern Abstract Art Paintings that will Delight You Every Time

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

I have just finished my series of 4 Growth Patterns, abstract paintings, on canvas and I am so excited to show them to you. You can read more about the advantages of owning a series of small to medium art here.

 

 

Their bold colors and repeated patterns and shapes immediately brings a calming and cheerful feeling when you view them.

 

 

Playful and stimulating organic shapes in shades of blue, greens and reds dance around the canvas to create excitement to the encouraging message to continue on your growth path.

 

Click on the name below each painting in red to view additional information on my website.

 

     
Left to right:  Growth Patterns 1    ~   Growth Patterns 2



     
Left to Right:  Growth Patterns 3   ~  Growth Patterns 4



Each modern abstract art painting is 24”L X 18”W X 1.5”D and is created using acrylic/mixed media on canvas with only the best materials and sealers guaranteed.



And as always I am eager to give you free advice on your selections and placement. Contact me with any questions.

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)
 

1. Join my free list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.

  • to be the 1st for updates,

  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 

  • special bonuses for you

  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.

Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

 

Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

Read More

6/20/2021 7:08:04 PM

Loving All Shades of Blue Lately in Creating Your Next Modern Abstract Art

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

Artists can have several palettes that they switch back and forth from over time in my non representational art.

 

 

Just like any other professional, I need to change things up a bit to remain happy and creative.

 

 

One of my palettes was using shades of blue  with bits of green and red but I hadn't used it as a primary palette in several years.

 

 

I am finishing up a series of 4 paintings with shades of blue as the primary color and other colors mixed in that I tend to use.

 

 

Green always seems to appear in all my contemporary acrylic art paintings and is here to stay.

 

 

Here are the 1st and 2nd painting in my Series of Growth Patterns:

 

Near your favorite chair or over your headboard in the bedroom, both visually lift your spirits and encourage you with the message to continue on your path of growth.

 

Growth Patterns 1 and 2 near your favorite chair

 

 

Growth Patterns 1 and 2 over your bed makes great wall art 

From left to right on walls: Growth Patterns 1  •  Growth Patterns 2  

Both are 24" X 18" X 1.5"  •  Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas

 

 

Or what about just using just one Growth Patterns modern art painting over a shelf? Either one looks great next to that green plant. They can be purchased separately.

 

        

From left to right on walls: Growth Patterns 1  •  Growth Patterns 2  

 

 

And FREE advice on design and where to hang your new art on your walls comes with your purchase. So let's do this and get your walls looking great while stimulating your living space with the color blue.

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)
 
1. Join my free list to be the 1st for updates, articles about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you by clicking the image below or text next to the image. Your first original art purchase gets free shipping.
Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 


Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

Read More

5/27/2021 2:25:41 PM

2 Ideas If You Don’t Have Wall Space for Large Paintings

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

There many of us who love large art for our homes or office but don’t have the wall space to accommodate it.

 

 

It is either too tall or too wide or both.  But you fell in love with a painting and had to have it. Now what do you do so you can display it? So you can get that great feeling you get every time you look at it.

 

 

1. Buy an easel-not the type artists use to paint on but one that is made to show art. There are all types out there on the market. I prefer either black or silver metal ones. Make sure that it can accommodate the size of painting you want to display.

 

Here are some ideas with my new painting, Moving Within the Lines, 36” H X 24”W, Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas

 

         


 

2. Lean it on top of a chest or bureau that is no taller than waist height.

 

Here are some examples using the same painting, Moving Within the Lines, 36” H X 24”W, Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas

 

                   



Turn the painting horizontally in both directions  if it won’t fit on your wall height wise to hang. And see if you still like it that way. If so hang it and try it out. See below...What do you think? You can hang a painting anyway it appeals to you!

 



I have to say I like it all the ways I have shown you. What about you?


Let me know if you need help with your choice. I will be happy to give you some ideas.

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)
 
1. Join my free list to be the 1st for updates, articles about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you by clicking the image below or text next to the image. Your first original art purchase gets free shipping.
Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 


     Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

Read More

5/6/2021 6:01:53 PM

New Art to Make Your Walls Get Noticed...

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

This last year, with isolating so much of the time, artists had extra time to explore, experiment and create whatever they wanted.



My brushes were used a lot. But I also took the time to experiment with some other mediums and collage.

 

 

So let me show you some of my latest new pieces.  It is time to give your spirit a lift and your walls a new, modern look.



 

         

 

Left to right:  Tying Up Loose Ends  ~  Tying Up Loose Ends 2

Both   12” X 12” X 1.5”   ~   Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas

 

 

And look how great they look staggered on the wall!

 

 

 

Several new hand paintings have also made it into my portfolio.

 

      

From left to right:  Nesting, 30” x 24’ x 1.5” ~   Color Does Not Define Us, 20” x 16” x 1.5”

Both are Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas



              

 

These look wonderful in their chosen spots on the wall as well.



Bold color, abstracted, organic shapes and simple forms with texture is my style. They make you feel good but carry messages about life as well.

 

 

New art to get your walls noticed with bold color, organic shapes, texture and a creative modern style. You need a lift and so does your surroundings.  Let me help you to make your walls feel good too.

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)
 
1. Join my free list to be the 1st for updates, articles about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you by clicking the image below or text next to the image. Your first original art purchase gets free shipping.
Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

     Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

Read More

4/20/2021 6:40:14 PM

5 Tips to Learn How to be Become An Art Collector a Little at a Time

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

Connections #2


There are many people who love art and know that it has a profound effect on their mood and health.

 

If we had to live a life without art, it would be devastating to our state of mind.

 

Those people who love art but have no idea what to do to own it or how to collect it are many.

 

If you are one who is part of the crowd that would like to become more knowledgeable about selecting art that will fit your needs, I will give you a few suggestions how to proceed.



1.  Go to art exhibitions, museums, or visit the online portfolios of artists that appeals to you.

 

Become acquainted with the many styles of art there are. For example, realism, abstract, abstract expressionism, landscapes, representational, non-representational, etc.

 

These 2 Small 12” X 12” paintings on canvas are Abstracts. And they are a series of 2 acrylic/mixed media paintings.

From left to right: Following the Arrows 1, Following the Arrows 2



2.  You will be able to tell eventually what type of art appeals to your senses because you will feel a connection to it.


It will speak to you and you will recall what it looks like long after you leave it. It will make an impact on your mind and your soul.

 

 

3.  Ask the artist, gallery, or whoever represents that artist all about the artist and their history.

 

Try to analyze what it is about the art that strikes a reaction within you. 
It might be the bold colors, the texture, the shapes, the subject, the action, the soothing quality, or the message it imparts.

If you want to find out more about me read my art statement.

 

 

4.  Once you have found the type of art that appeals to you, you can start by buying an art print or some small original pieces of that art and live with it.


         

You can put a small painting in many different locations. On a bookcase shelf, in a corner on a wall or on any shelf that you have hanging in your home or office.  This painting, A Flower in My Window, is 10” x 10” X 1.5”, Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas.


If it is art that speaks to you, you will have the same reaction whenever you are looking at it. You have found the art that was made just for you. Not all artists sell art prints of their work. Any painting on my website is available as art prints.

 

      This art print comes in fine art paper or canvas from sizes 10” to 30”.

One Power Flower Art Print

 

 

5.  You may find that you love more than one style. If so, continue to collect small samples and evaluate your reactions to them.

 

       
These are a series of 2 of small paintings that I still have to have professionally photographed yet. They are not on my site yet but if you are interested in them email me. They are 6” x 6” x 1.5”, Acrylic/mixed media on canvas, $125 each.


That is the only way you can determine what it is specifically that is drawing you to that artwork. See tip #3. 

 

Feel free to contact me for information or to purchase any of the paintings above.

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)
 
1. Join my free list to be the 1st for updates, articles like this about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you by clicking the image below or text next to the image. Your first original art purchase gets free shipping.
Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

     Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

Read More

4/5/2021 6:17:46 PM

My Newest Hand Painting “Nesting” to Add to Your Nest

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

We all nest in one way or another. We are like birds in that we feather our nests with all kinds of items we find that catch our attention. 

 

 

Look how bold and exciting Nesting would look in your kitchen at breakfast.

 

Certainly starts the day off for everyone with lifted spirits. Family is important to us so being happy together is great start to anyone’s day.

 

 

The painting, Nesting, 30” X 24” X 1.5”, Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas, can be viewed larger in my portfolio.

 

 

 

Many of us want to have a nest that shows our creative personality and style. That says something about us.

 

My new painting contains birds nesting on a hand and certainly has style. But it also carries the message that our home, our family is important to us.

 

 



 

 

Hands reflect who we are in sometimes very simple ways. They reflect if we are stressful, anxious, excited, and the way we accessorize them reveals a side of our personality.

 

 

 

 

 

How is your nest doing? Does it need some stimulation and excitement added to its walls?

 

A place where your spirits are lifted so you can rest your mind and let it wander freely?

 

 

Nesting, 30” X 24” X 1.5”, Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas, gives you a lift to your spirits and can be viewed larger in my portfolio.

 

More importantly, do you need something to lift your mood on a daily basis and put some happy into your life? 

 

I accept Payment Plans but I have to do that by email because my cart system on my website does not have that capacity to do that as of yet. No excuses now. Go for it.

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the ART YOU DESIRE. Email me.
 
1. Join my free list to be the 1st for updates, articles like this about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you by clicking the image below or text next to the image. Your first original art purchase gets free shipping.
Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

     Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me now. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

 

Read More

2/8/2021 2:50:01 PM

Inspired by Our Times: Abstract Painting • Divided Country-Can We Mend It? About Gender and Racial Equality

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

  

 

What Inspired this abstract Painting?

 

To be honest, being isolated with the pandemic for so long has inflicted much more world news than I was used to! So it is only natural for me to create more abstract paintings. And because my primary focus is the social issues we face, viola, this abstract painting came about.

 

Gender equality and racial equality has been jettisoned into the spotlight as it should have been years ago. And now that we are isolating with more time on our hands, it is making a big impact as we witness the injustices first hand.

 

But it won’t happen overnight! It takes all of us to finally examine our own biases and blinders when it comes to these topics and our participation as a society.

 

As you can view in the new abstract painting, Divided Country-Can We Mend It?, the canvas is divided in 2 sections, black and white.These colors are not reflective of the color of skin but more so of the larger cream colored section concluding and finally realizing they need to support what is right. That everyone is created equal. The black shapes in the cream section are those who are changing their mindset and on their way but still in the process.

 

The black section are those that are still non-accepting. We all know some of those types! The cream circles and shapes in that black section are those that are slowly examining their biases and creeping to the white light.

 

This abstract painting about our divided country is created for that unique individual who values their identity and beliefs and not afraid to show it in action and ownership.

 

I believe that YOU are that person. Own it now.

 

Imagine it in your office or home for all to see and be reflective of their biases!

 

Magnificent that it speaks to your values about living a fair and equal life for everyone.


 

How are you spending your time during the pandemic?

 

I hope you are paying attention to what is happening in our society and thinking about what you can do to help.

 



1. Join my collectors list to be the 1st for updates, articles like this about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you.
Your first original art purchase gets free shipping and 5% discount.

     Sign up now to get your bonuses!

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me now. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

 

Read More

6/12/2020 11:31:41 AM

Is Your Life as Messed Up As Mine Right Now?

Joyce Wynes / 2 Comments

Our lives have certainly been turned upside down lately! COVID-19, toilet paper panic, disinfectant scarcity and protests all over the world.

 

It is my hope that you and your family and friends are safe during this time. Isolation and trying to find out accurate information is a daily challenge. As well as finding the necessities of life including social contact with our family and friends.

 

About the toilet paper. Several months before the virus crisis our local grocery store had Cottonelle toilet paper on sale for BOGO every 3 weeks or so. My mother taught me to be a sale shopper so I bought 2-4 12 roll packages each time. So you guessed it, I had a great supply in my closet and not from panic buying. My friends were very envious but I shared when necessary. 

 

 

Zoom is great but it does not take the place of physical contact.

 

But thank God we have it at this time. Can you imagine our lives without it right now? As an artist, I am used to a life of isolation but even this is a bit much for me. 

 

 

What about your motivation?

 

Are you finding it as difficult as I do to keep motivated? I have to admit my motivation took a deep dive when this all started. The lack of information and the mixed messages created stress all over the world. Don't wear masks then you have to wear masks, 6' of distance, stay home, there are plenty of supplies that we need, doctors and nurses telling about the shortage of supplies, wipe all your purchases down, you don't have to wipe them down-it is enough to make you go crazy.

 

No wonder we are not motivated. My biggest stress was changing the way I shopped for groceries. Shopping online was not my ideal because I like to pick out my fresh vegetables and fruits myself. And going to the grocery store was an event I looked forward to in my artist isolation mode during normal times. It took me away from my canvas. I have to admit though, I have grown to like shopping online for groceries and picking them up! Who knew?

 

 

Something that really helped me was giving to other artists less fortunate than myself.

 

The VAE in Raleigh, NC had an event called, "Toilet Paper Art". (that darn toilet paper issue again)  Artists were to create art on toilet tissue and donate it to VAE so they could auction it off online to raise money for artists who needed a helping hand. It was really fun. Wished I had toilet tissue however without ridged, wavy lines. Below are my 2 donations that were auctioned off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What about you? What did you find out about yourself during these virus crisis days? Come on, confess.

 

I already told you mine. Leading an isolated life in my studio has become too much of a norm for me and I need to go out more. And get very stressed because I need to have accurate info. I need to have some control and I like to follow directions! While I have always been a walker and still did that during the virus crisis, I learned I really needed contact with others more than I knew.

 

While all of us know the point where we lose our ability to cope now, we also have to congratulate ourselves for being able to adapt to all that has gone on. So give yourself a hand now, especially those that had children of school age who had to be task master to their learning at home!

 

 

During this time, I have created new paintings and I would like to share them with you in the hopes that viewing art will give you some relief from your current stresses.

 

Art has a way of healing as many hospitals have found. It works so take a few minutes to ponder my newest work. And we all need a little healing now. And it helps to know there are others with the same views.

 


 

 

    Stretching the Boundaries • 36" X 24" X 1.5" • Acrylic on Canvas

 

Life can get so complicated and unfocused. But if you reach for those events that you can use to stretch your boundaries and get lost in the creative exercise itself, your purpose comes into focus. Whether it is exercise, dance or any other outlet, losing yourself in it will stimulate you.

 

The inspiration for this painting came to me when I was cleaning up some piles that had accumulated in my studio. I found a sketch book that I had used about 6 years ago that had 6 quick sketches of women in different positions. Can't remember why I ignored them for so long but I decided to do a series of them. So this is the 1st one and more to follow.

 


 

 

  

From left to right (click on the colored links to view larger): Connections 3, Connections 2 and Connections 1

 

We have been connected by history since the beginning of time. But it is only in recent history and with the addition of technology that separates us even when we are in the same room. We have short, faceless texts of abbreviated words on our devices. Most of us still need face-to-face connections and conversations.

 

These are 3 small series paintings 12" X 12" X 1.5". They are created using Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas. Use them together or each one by themselves. The meaning below never has been truer then the last several months even though I painted these in January before experiencing the virus crisis.

 

 


 

 

   

Turbulent Weather, Turbulent Times

24" X 24" X 1.5" • Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas

 

Our social times and our weather patterns have been so erratic that life just feels like I am on a constant moving roller coaster. From day to day, I get up in the morning not knowing what choas will prevail that day. But I am sure it will be something that I will have to control my reactions to until the next event happens.

 

At the beginning of this post, I didn't mention our turbulent weather patterns over the last couple of years. There has been so much chaos over the last year that I can't believe I left that out! We really are facing some dramatic times over the next century if we don't solve what is going on.

 


I hope you enjoyed viewing my new paintings. Click the colored links to view them larger. And many thanks to those who have supported the arts at this time.

 

 

How are you dealing with all of this? Please comment below. We need your voice to be heard. Thanks and stay safe.

 

#abstractart #abstractpainting #Covid19 #pandemic #weather #toiletpaper #mindfulness #auction

 



1.
Please comment on my blog post and like it. If I don’t get comments to know if you are enjoying these posts, I will have to stop spending the time writing informative articles for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

2. Join my Artist's Updates for updates, more tips and articles like this about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you.

3. And what about social media? Are you following me yet? Go there & follow me now, please.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

 

 

Read More

8/3/2019 7:44:42 PM

Turbulent Weather, Turbulent Times • New Painting

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

If you are a follower of my paintings, you know that my artwork touches on the social issues of our day.

One of those issues that come out in my artwork is our environment.

 

 Our social issues and our weather patterns have been so erratic that life just feels like I am on a constantly moving roller coaster. From day-to-day, I get up in the morning not knowing what chaos will prevail that day. But I am sure it will be something that I will have to control my reactions to until the next event happens.

 

 As an artist, painting calms my world.

It allows me to fully engage within myself so that I don't make contact with the space outside of my painting area. My easel, my table of mediums, my brushes and anything else in that space I have carved out for myself that helps me create what I am feeling at the moment. That is my sacred space and I need to be alone while occupying it. There are many artists who listen to music or the radio or talk to others while creating or teaching their art.

 

 I am not one of them.

The amount of focusing and the multi-tasking that it takes for me to create my paintings is all I can handle at the time. Those other things distract me from the conversation I am having with my inner voice that leads me to the completion of my painting.

 

 Multi-tasking you ask?

I don't plan out my paintings beforehand other than choosing my color palette. So while I am creating a painting my mind is always asking me many questions. And believe me, it is a chatterbox!

 

 For example: what mixed media and texture could I put in this spot to make it stand out, should I place a large splotch of color here, what shapes and symbols can I add that make sense to my message, and what is it that I am trying to say through this painting because I really don't know what my message is until I am in the throes of the paint, am I finished or should I let it sit and talk to me tomorrow.

 

 Most times I let the painting sit for a day or two.

Then it speaks to me again and I change a little here. Then I let it sit again for a day or two and go back to look at it. I ask myself, "Is there anything I can add or take away to make the message more visible?"  Sometimes I work through this process for a couple of weeks.

 

 Then, one day, I go into my studio and I say... "Wow, this painting is finished and it has my visual voice.

 

 How I define my own visual voice?

Well, through my abstract paintings, I find a resolution to the issue that is plaguing me. That is why most people say upon viewing my paintings that they are visually stimulating in a happy way.  Resolving my inner voice makes me happy and that is reflected in my painting.

 

 There rests the duality of my paintings...a painting that visually stimulates good feelings for you / a painting about a serious issue that can stimulate a positive dialogue if you want it to with yourself or others.

 

 You don't have to like the dialogue about an issue to love the painting.

If it stimulates a good feeling when viewing it, that is all that matters to me as an artist. The dialogue that you might have as a result of it is just a side benefit to that which stimulates me to create it.

 

________________________________________________

 

1. Please comment on my blog post. Let me know if this post was helpful to you or if you have questions.

2. Join my Art Insider's Group for more in depth commentary, art and bonuses. Plus you will get the current FREE BONUS in your email. You don't know what you are missing!

3. And what about social media? Are you following me yet? Go there & follow me now, please.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest



#5WomenArtists #abstractart #painting #wallart #acrylicpainting #mixedmedia

Read More

8/3/2019 11:15:18 AM

New Mixed Media Paintings Update Which Leads to a New Service For You...

Comment on this

These 2 new paintings have a story behind their birth!

 

I had finished a painting a while back called, "Spacing Out", 30" X 24" X 1.5", Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas. Because I am always reinventing my home and office spaces by moving furniture and accessories around, I found that this painting tied everything together in my family room.

 

And I often hang my paintings around my house. One problem: I needed 1 or 2 more similar paintings for the other walls in the room but they needed to be a size I have never used before. So I got busy and created 2 new paintings in the size I needed-approximately 15" tall X 30" wide.

 

I especially need one for the wall that was only 43" wide. And it had to be hung above a lamp so it needed to be no taller then 15".

 

 

But when I get my creative juices going, it is difficult for me to stop. So along came another one that was an extension of Spacing Out 2, same size, same color palette, similar in message/style.

 

 

 

Below is a photo of the painting I wanted to create similar theme images for:

 

 

 

And this exercise for myself gave me a great idea for a new service for YOU!

 

NEW SERVICE:

 

If you find a painting(s) on my website that you love but you also need some smaller (or larger) paintings to fit in the spaces in the room that have a similar feel and look, I will create more paintings for you.

 

Just to let you know, these 3 paintings are for sale too. (just click the image to go to its page).

 

And there is another painting, Spacing Out Again, that was created as a 2-painting series with Spacing Out that can also be yours also. Take a look: Spacing Out Again • Acrylic/MM on Canvas • 30" X 24"

 


This series of 4 paintings would make a great addition to any room to give it a cohesive look.

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

1. Please comment on my blog post. Let me know if this post was helpful to you or if you have questions

2. Join my Art Insider's Group for more in depth commentary, art and bonuses. Plus you will get the current FREE BONUS in your email. You don't know what you are missing!

3. And what about social media? Are you following me yet? Go there & follow me now, please.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest



#5WomenArtists #abstractart #painting #wallart #acrylicpainting #mixedmedia

   

 

Read More