Blog

 

Join My List to View Art and News 1st  Sign Up

 

Payment Plans Now Available by Email

 

Visually and emotionally stimulating ART that you surround yourself with impacts and enriches your life everyday.

 

6/29/2021 2:40:48 PM

4 Wall Art Painting Ideas that Will Delight the Eye…for Your Next Online Meeting

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

Whether it is a Zoom meeting or an online meeting with your customer or employees, catch their eye with a cheerful, bold artwork within their field of vision. It will change everything.

 

 

WHY?:

 

 

1. It creates a more calming, human experience for the viewer that you enjoy art that is colorful and cheerful.

 

 


What is more calming then a pet and this modern abstract art painting, Moving Within the Lines, starring at you on your screen that blends all the colors in the room?

 

 

2. It can start a conversation on a different subject than one that needs to be addressed and creates a milder tone to the meeting.



 

With so many of us looking into our ancestry, Unraveling the Family Tree, an abstract painting of repeating patterns and shapes, can be a real conversation starter when someone asks the ?, “What is the name of that painting behind you?” Or “Who is the artist that created that painting behind you?”

 

 

 

3. The art gives an opportunity to the viewer to express a compliment to you. Family meetings can be sticky so starting off on a positive vibe can be more amicable.

 


Meetings in Space 1
and Meetings in Space 2 gives your mantle and your room a cohesive and comfortable look to your environment. Enough for a comment or 2 from your family about your decorating skills.

 

 

 

4. Artwork on your wall gives your group a glimpse of your life out of the normal routine environment and can add a plus to everyone’s comfort level to the talking points being discussed.

 

 


 

Tying Up Loose Ends, a difficult subject at best, but it will be more manageable with a joyful image behind you addressing the same thing.

 

 

I hope these ideas give you the desire to liven up the background of your online meetings. It will certainly meet with your groups approval and thought process of “not another boring meeting”.

 

 

And if you are really courageous, change the art for every meeting. You can move it back once the meeting is over but give them a little something to look forward to!

 

Contact me for any FREE design advice. If you have read some of my blogs, you know I love to design rooms and change things around.

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)
 
1. Join my free list to be the 1st for updates, articles about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you by clicking the image below or text next to the image. Your first original art purchase gets free shipping.
Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 


   Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

 

Read More

4/13/2021 6:11:19 PM

3 Tips That I Have Learned to Get You to Living Your Passion

Joyce Wynes / Comment on this

There are many stops and roadblocks along the way during your life, no matter what you are pursuing.

The roadblocks in my life while pursuing my fine art career, have given me a roadmap for you with the 3 steps that are necessary to carry out your passion and keep it fresh in your mind. Believe me, as a female, a female artist, a widow, a mother, and a member of a large extended family I have had to work around some roadblocks.

 

 

So what does it take to get where you really want to go? To pursue your passion in life?

 

What did I learn along the way that will help you get there quicker than I did? Believe me, being a female, fine artist is not an easy path to choose. To this day only 20% of female fine artists are chosen to be represented in galleries, the rest are men. And less then 13% of their work is in museum collections! It continues to this day. So that is another roadblock I need to fight all the time as a female artist.

 

And world events happen that push our dreams into the closet as well. The depression of 2008 and the Pandemic of 2020 are just 2 examples that made people’s dreams be put on hold. 

 

 

1.  Don't forget your passion, your dream.

 

Find something to put in your path as a reminder and make sure to keep it there.

 

For me, that was a painting. A very special painting. When I graduated from Nazareth College of Rochester with my coveted art degree, the college wanted to purchase one of my paintings for their collection! I thought about it and said "NO". I know you and many people would say that was a stupid response but that painting in my possession was what kept my dream alive all those years of detours.

 

It kept reminding me that I had what it took to be a good fine art painter. In 2010, I donated the painting to Nazareth College because I no longer needed it as a reminder. I was well on my way to becoming the fine artist of my dreams.

 

You can do the same thing. For example, if you want to own your very own bakery one day, enter some baking contests. If you are a winner, continue to enter with other creations that you make. 

 

 

2.  Continue to make plans and take the little steps to keep your dream alive.

 

For me that was to continue in the arts field but in a different capacity (but a close cousin) to what I wanted to become. My illustration career took off and at that time there weren't digital illustrations so I was painting them. And on canvas or canvas paper keeping true to my style as an artist/painter. That gave me the ability to mix colors and develop other skills that I could perform in my fine art as well.

 

My graphic design business gave me the continual practice on layout and design which was important to my paintings and illustrations. Developing your EYE is important especially in the art field.

 

In the example above, wanting to own your own bake shop, go to work for a bakery either part time or full time. Take in all the information you can about procedure and the business side that you can.

 

 

3.  Try to keep a positive attitude and always follow others with the same passion.

 

If you have to, repeat a mantra to yourself five times a day. And be determined in your pursuit of your dream and that you will get there no matter what happens in between. Look and listen to others who have succeeded in the field and get advice from them.

 

Take courses from other people in your field to learn the things you need to succeed. I am always taking courses or listening to webinars to keep abreast of the changes in my industry. Or to learn an easier way to accomplish something. Ways to market are always changing. New apps are always coming out to help you make your business easier. It takes time to put these additional things into your schedule but it does pay off.

 

A positive attitude is a must. I have had a lot of burdens and tragedies put in my path to overcome besides just earning a living. I can only attribute my positive attitude, a gift of heredity on how I overcame adversity and still stayed on my path to become a fine artist. It made me a strong, independent woman who could fend for herself, think for herself and ask for help when I needed it.

 

Don't get me wrong. Negative thoughts will pop up every once in a while. But you need to keep them at bay. What I did was start writing out a list of all the positive things that happened to me each day, week, month. Then at the end of the year I would look over the list to plan what to do the next year.

 

If you are a journal writer then this will be easy for you. I have never been able to make that a habit. But when I was feeling like "failure" was my middle name or I was never going to make it, I would take out the list and read it. It would make me feel much better and that would put me back on the path.

 

 

I hope these tips help you stay on course for anything you pursue.

For some that may be weight loss or weight gain or an athletic pursuit. For others it may be to start a business or to write a book. The more reminders you give yourself and the information you find out about your choices, the better able you are to withstand the detours.

 

 

There are more tips that you will find out for yourself along the way but these are the big 3.

If you can conquer these, you will be on your way to making your passion a reality.



Art that speaks to you of encouragement and empowerment is a great idea for your walls while you are working around those roadblocks.

 

          
I Am Woman, I Can Fly, Butterfly            I Am Woman, I Can Fly - American Kestrel Bird


Have a look at my portfolio as many of my paintings speak to those 2 powerful words (encouragement and empowerment) that keep you going to fulfill your dreams.

 


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)
 
1. Join my free list to be the 1st for updates, articles like this about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you by clicking the image below or text next to the image. Your first original art purchase gets free shipping.
Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

     Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me now. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

 

Read More

6/12/2020 11:31:41 AM

Is Your Life as Messed Up As Mine Right Now?

Joyce Wynes / 2 Comments

Our lives have certainly been turned upside down lately! COVID-19, toilet paper panic, disinfectant scarcity and protests all over the world.

 

It is my hope that you and your family and friends are safe during this time. Isolation and trying to find out accurate information is a daily challenge. As well as finding the necessities of life including social contact with our family and friends.

 

About the toilet paper. Several months before the virus crisis our local grocery store had Cottonelle toilet paper on sale for BOGO every 3 weeks or so. My mother taught me to be a sale shopper so I bought 2-4 12 roll packages each time. So you guessed it, I had a great supply in my closet and not from panic buying. My friends were very envious but I shared when necessary. 

 

 

Zoom is great but it does not take the place of physical contact.

 

But thank God we have it at this time. Can you imagine our lives without it right now? As an artist, I am used to a life of isolation but even this is a bit much for me. 

 

 

What about your motivation?

 

Are you finding it as difficult as I do to keep motivated? I have to admit my motivation took a deep dive when this all started. The lack of information and the mixed messages created stress all over the world. Don't wear masks then you have to wear masks, 6' of distance, stay home, there are plenty of supplies that we need, doctors and nurses telling about the shortage of supplies, wipe all your purchases down, you don't have to wipe them down-it is enough to make you go crazy.

 

No wonder we are not motivated. My biggest stress was changing the way I shopped for groceries. Shopping online was not my ideal because I like to pick out my fresh vegetables and fruits myself. And going to the grocery store was an event I looked forward to in my artist isolation mode during normal times. It took me away from my canvas. I have to admit though, I have grown to like shopping online for groceries and picking them up! Who knew?

 

 

Something that really helped me was giving to other artists less fortunate than myself.

 

The VAE in Raleigh, NC had an event called, "Toilet Paper Art". (that darn toilet paper issue again)  Artists were to create art on toilet tissue and donate it to VAE so they could auction it off online to raise money for artists who needed a helping hand. It was really fun. Wished I had toilet tissue however without ridged, wavy lines. Below are my 2 donations that were auctioned off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What about you? What did you find out about yourself during these virus crisis days? Come on, confess.

 

I already told you mine. Leading an isolated life in my studio has become too much of a norm for me and I need to go out more. And get very stressed because I need to have accurate info. I need to have some control and I like to follow directions! While I have always been a walker and still did that during the virus crisis, I learned I really needed contact with others more than I knew.

 

While all of us know the point where we lose our ability to cope now, we also have to congratulate ourselves for being able to adapt to all that has gone on. So give yourself a hand now, especially those that had children of school age who had to be task master to their learning at home!

 

 

During this time, I have created new paintings and I would like to share them with you in the hopes that viewing art will give you some relief from your current stresses.

 

Art has a way of healing as many hospitals have found. It works so take a few minutes to ponder my newest work. And we all need a little healing now. And it helps to know there are others with the same views.

 


 

 

    Stretching the Boundaries • 36" X 24" X 1.5" • Acrylic on Canvas

 

Life can get so complicated and unfocused. But if you reach for those events that you can use to stretch your boundaries and get lost in the creative exercise itself, your purpose comes into focus. Whether it is exercise, dance or any other outlet, losing yourself in it will stimulate you.

 

The inspiration for this painting came to me when I was cleaning up some piles that had accumulated in my studio. I found a sketch book that I had used about 6 years ago that had 6 quick sketches of women in different positions. Can't remember why I ignored them for so long but I decided to do a series of them. So this is the 1st one and more to follow.

 


 

 

  

From left to right (click on the colored links to view larger): Connections 3, Connections 2 and Connections 1

 

We have been connected by history since the beginning of time. But it is only in recent history and with the addition of technology that separates us even when we are in the same room. We have short, faceless texts of abbreviated words on our devices. Most of us still need face-to-face connections and conversations.

 

These are 3 small series paintings 12" X 12" X 1.5". They are created using Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas. Use them together or each one by themselves. The meaning below never has been truer then the last several months even though I painted these in January before experiencing the virus crisis.

 

 


 

 

   

Turbulent Weather, Turbulent Times

24" X 24" X 1.5" • Acrylic/Mixed Media on Canvas

 

Our social times and our weather patterns have been so erratic that life just feels like I am on a constant moving roller coaster. From day to day, I get up in the morning not knowing what choas will prevail that day. But I am sure it will be something that I will have to control my reactions to until the next event happens.

 

At the beginning of this post, I didn't mention our turbulent weather patterns over the last couple of years. There has been so much chaos over the last year that I can't believe I left that out! We really are facing some dramatic times over the next century if we don't solve what is going on.

 


I hope you enjoyed viewing my new paintings. Click the colored links to view them larger. And many thanks to those who have supported the arts at this time.

 

 

How are you dealing with all of this? Please comment below. We need your voice to be heard. Thanks and stay safe.

 

#abstractart #abstractpainting #Covid19 #pandemic #weather #toiletpaper #mindfulness #auction

 



1.
Please comment on my blog post and like it. If I don’t get comments to know if you are enjoying these posts, I will have to stop spending the time writing informative articles for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

2. Join my Artist's Updates for updates, more tips and articles like this about art, its meanings and special bonuses for you.

3. And what about social media? Are you following me yet? Go there & follow me now, please.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

 

 

Read More