Blog

 

Join My List to View Art and News 1st  Sign Up

 

Payment Plans Now Available by Email

 

Visually and emotionally stimulating ART that you surround yourself with impacts and enriches your life everyday.

 

7/3/2022 12:39:02 PM

Contemporary Abstract Painting as a Tribute to Women of Long Ago

Comment on this

Women in the beginning of settling our country had the talent and desire to create art too.



So I salute them too on this 4th of July. As they did their part also to fight to keep us free.

 

 

They had to work from morning til night trying to take care of their families.

 

 

They had to grow their food and preserve it for the hard winter seasons.

 

 

 

 

Quirky Quilt   ~  24" x 18" x 1.5"  ~  Acrylic/MM on Canvas

 

 

They had to bear children, teach them and take care of them.

 


They had to make the clothing, spin the thread to make the clothes, cook, clean and keep up the household.

 


WOW…can you imagine wanting to have time to use your artistic talent?

 


And to make it worse, knowing how unrealistic for a woman to be recognized as a woman with artistic talent!

 


Today we have so many conveniences that make it possible for women like me to find the time to purge our talent from our heart and soul.


But it is still a challenge as a woman, a female, to be accepted and recognized.

 


This painting is a tribute to all those women before me who still had the spirit to find a way to express themselves.

 


I learned to quilt as a young girl. It taught me math, patience, design and using my creativity with patterns and shapes to create something precious.

 


I am very grateful for this knowledge and the time I have to create.

 

 


Quirky Quilt
   ~  24" x 18" x 1.5"  ~  Acrylic/MM on Canvas

 

Contact me for availability on these paintings as originals or prints. Or if I can help you in any way.


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)

 

1. Join my free list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.

  • to be the 1st for updates,

  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 

  • special bonuses for you

  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.

Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

 

Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

Read More

11/30/2021 7:12:07 PM

What I Do in Davidson NC Besides Creating Contemporary Paintings

Comment on this

Davidson NC is a quaint, quiet but vibrant small town about 25+/- north of Charlotte NC. Population about 12,000.

 

 

And I have lived in Davidson in the same house for 21 years. When we first decided to move from Newark, NY to NC, we lived in Charlotte for 5 years. So I know a lot about both areas. I started my graphic design and illustration business in Charlotte and continued it in Davidson until 2008.

 

 

When the recession started in 2008, I decided to close my business and take the plunge for my passion as a fine artist specializing in painting. It has not been an easy process. 

 

 

Living in a small community is great because you get close to so many people who support you from your community.

 

 

My gardening takes up much of my free time and I have an extensive garden. I have something blooming all year round. It centers me and allows me to dig in the dirt to relieve stress and anxiety.

 

 

       

 

 

 

 

 

But I also transform my garden flowers into fantasy blooms on canvas. My imagination plays with them and creates a garden with no upkeep once they are painted on canvas.



If you can’t or don’t have the time to garden, the next best thing for your health is a painting of flowers or garden. That is why they have them hanging in most hospitals. Buy a flower for your health.

 

 

       

Left to right: Healing Power of Flowers ~ One Power Flower  ~ both paintings are 36" x 36" x 1.5" Acrylic/MM on Canvas

 

 

      

 

Left to right: Flowers on Antique Table  ~  12" x 9" ~ Acrylic/MM on Paper

 Flowers on White Antique Table  ~ 24" x 18" ~ Acrylic/MM on Canvas

 

 


Besides walking most days to the park or over to the Davidson College Campus, going for coffee with a friend to Summit Coffee where they have live local bands on the weekends outside is also a treat.

 

 


Living in a small, quaint town suits my personality just fine. I have never been comfortable in large crowds.

 

 

 

Where do you live and what fits your style?

 

 

 

Contact me for availability on these paintings as originals or prints. Or if I can help you in any way.


Payment Plans make it EASY to own the Original ART YOU DESIRE. Email me. (for original paintings only)

1. Join my free list by clicking the image below or text next to the image.

  • to be the 1st for updates,

  • FREE tips about designing/arranging art in any room, 

  • special bonuses for you

  • And…Your first original art purchase gets FREE shipping.

Contact me to help you to select art based on your room 

 

Join My List to be First to View New Art and News     Sign up now 

2.  And then go to my social media and follow me there. A big thanks.

Facebook  •  Instagram  •  Twitter  •  Linkedin  •  Pinterest

 

Read More